If you're in Central California, and your CDL needs renewing, stop into
Occupational Health Services for a DOT physical
($70 Cash/Money Order - no checks, please
Appointments preferred but not required.
Medical Examiner's Certificate provided - CA forms on hand
TIPS for smooth CDL renewal:
- Bring as much information as you can - names of
medications, your doctors' names and addresses, any records of blood
- Avoid taking caffeine and/or decongestants just before your exam.
- Drivers should have regular medical exams other than their drivers
physicals. Conditions such as diabetes may be detected and controlled before they
cause avoidable harm.
- Bring all recent lab results and medications to your physical.
- Don't put it off until the last possible minute; leave a few weeks.
- Be sure you have your eyes checked every year or two.
Helpful information from DOT regarding medications used by commercial drivers