CMR is here for essential services
In consideration of the essential services provided by commercial drivers, we will be available for limited services as the pandemic situation develops. Changes will be made as needed and appropriate to protect the health of staff, clients and their family members.
Drug testing for commercial drivers
- Random drug and alcohol testing must continue without exception.
- Collection hours are 8AM to 11:30 AM and 1PM to 3:30 PM, Monday -Friday
- DOT Pre-employment, follow-up and post-accident drug testing will be provided to our random testing clients, during the same hours of operation
- It is imperative that drivers who are ill with symptoms of colds, flu, or allergies NOT be sent for testing until they recover or can provide documentation of a negative negative test for Covid-19.
- Drivers who are coughing, sneezing or otherwise visibly ill will be asked to reschedule. Employers must not inform drivers of a need to complete a random drug test if their driver is ill or have been exposed to others who are.
- Employers/ self-employed drivers who require enrollment or changes in the random testing program are encouraged to do so by telephone and email. Payments are accepted by telephone for cards, or by mail for checks.
Commercial Driver Medical Certification
- Dr. Watson is not NOT offering examinations for commercial drivers at this time (March 22, 2020). Telemedicine options are being considered.
- FMCSA has provided relief for employers of commercial drivers engaged in transport of essential supplies, so they may not need to renew their CDL medical certification timely.
- to information on this emergency regulation.
- We are exploring options that will allow restoration of this service as soon as we can.
Other Occupational Health Services
- Dr. Watson will provide examinations for health care workers, including TB tests as feasible, with very limited direct examination.
- TB screening (for educators) will be offered by telephone to the extent feasible
- Drug testing collections for diversion programs and other clients will be offered as described above for drivers.
This is a very fluid situation. Adjustments will be made as practical and appropriate
We are mindful of our role in keeping essential services available to the extent it is safe for staff, clients and the public. Please sign up for our mailing list if you haven’t already, so updates such as this are delivered to your email automatically.